Bucharest in love
Discover Bucharest’s most important tourist attractions!
Bucharest City Tour – history, culture & tradition in a single journey.
Tickets are bought inside the bus (cash or card) and they cost 25 lei per adult and 10 lei for children between 7 – 14 years old.
Children younger than 7 travel for free accompanied by an adult.
The time table for the Hop-on Hop-off tourist bus line is daily from 10:00 – Unirii Square to 21:46 – The Village Museum.
The last bus that leaves from Piata Unirii to Piata Presei Libere is at
21:25 (9.25 PM) and decommissions every night at 21:46 (9.46 PM) at Station 7 – the Village Museum.
The time between two consecutive buses is approximately 20-25 minutes.
The full ride takes approximately 50 minutes.
Victoriei Square is a major intersection in central Bucharest, where Calea Victoriei, Lascăr Catargiu Boulevard, Iancu de Hunedoara Boulevard, Kiseleff Boulevard, Ion Mihalache Boulevard and Nicolae Titulescu Boulevard cross. It is known for its proximity to major office towers and government buildings.
The Village Museum is one of the largest and oldest museum in Europe. In the museum you can see original monuments, such as houses, churches, water and windmills, of great historical and artistic value. The exhibits in houses such as braids, pots, carpets, icons and furniture express the creativity and spirit of the Romanian people.
The Arch of Triumph is a historical landmark of Bucharest and a symbol of the city. Located in the north of Bucharest, in the middle of one of the busiest intersections of the city, the monument reminds passers-by of the victory of the Romanian Army in the First World War and of the Great Union of 1918 – one of the most important events in Romania’s history.
The Revolution Square in Bucharest is one of the places with the most complex history, a landmark of local and national culture and history. This is where the revolution of 1989 started. The statues around the square are elements of the story from the communist era in Bucharest.
The CEC as an institution was established in 1864 by a law initiated by Alexandru Ioan Cuza. At first it worked in various buildings, after which in 1875 the construction of its own headquarters began. On the site of the CEC today was the church of St. John the Great, which was demolished to make room for the first construction.