The Peles Castle from Alexandru Duță on Vimeo.
This tour will introduce you to one of the most beautiful towns in Romania-Sinaia. Chosen by the Romanian Royal Family to be their summer residence, Sinaia is a popular destination for hiking, trekking and winter sports, especially downhill skiing.Among the many tourists landmarks, some of the most spectacular are:
- the Peles Castle – Peleș Castle is a Neo-Renaissance castle in the Carpathian Mountains, near Sinaia, in Prahova County, Romania.
- the Sinaia Monastery – The Sinaia Monastery, located in Sinaia, in Prahova County, Romania, was founded by Prince Mihail Cantacuzino in 1695 and named after the great Saint Catherine’s Monastery on Mount Sinai in Egypt.
- the Sinaia Casino – The Sinaia Casino is located in “Dimitrie Ghica” park, Sinaia, Romania and was built at the initiative of King Carol I of Romania.
- and the Sinaia train Station – Sinaia railway station serves the Sinaia mountain resort in Romania. The first station was built in 1913 by the Demeter Cartner Company
The main attraction is the Peles Castle built between 1873 and 1914 by King Carol I. One of the most beautiful castles in Europe, Peles holds a breathtaking collection of arms and armor with over 4000 pieces on display.
The guided tour costs:
- 87 Euros / person, minimum 2 persons, maximum 6 persons with private transportation
- 174 Euros for single person tours, with private car and professional driver
- 87 Euros for a place in the touring bus.
includes tour guide, the tickets for the Peles Castle (basic), for the Pelisor Castle and for the Sinaia Monastery.