The Fortress was an important point of defense, located outside the city of Brasov. At the beginning of the fifteenth century, there was only a watchtower there, which was completed in 1524 with a wooden bastion with four towers. Destroyed in 1529 by the army of Petru Rares, in its place were erected, a quarter of a century later, stone walls and also carvings were dug. A fire in 1618 brought serious damage to it, so that in 1625 the fortress was almost completely restored. In 1627 an 81 m well was dug inside. In 1630, the citadel acquired the four bastions from the corners. From the eighteenth century until 1954 it also served as a prison, then a warehouse for the Brasov State Archives until 1975, so that from 1981, after a large restoration, it would become a tourist complex with a medieval specificity.