Victoria Palace was designed by the architect Duiliu Marcu, and built between 1937-1944. Located in Victoriei Square, it served as headquarters of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Council of Ministers, and currently as headquarters of the Government of Romania.
The building has two interior gardens that are accessible from the ground floor. A gallery of honor that is decorated with columns and mirrors, it connects the reception hall and banquet halls and council. Unlike the first floor, which is dedicated to receptions, the upper levels are occupied by offices of government officials.
The headquarters of the Government of Romania are open to the public by the Open Doors Day, the date being set on December 1, the National Day of Romania.